Accidents happen every day, both at home and in the workplace. If you injure your teeth or mouth at work, you are entitled to worker’s compensation to provide cash benefits and medical care for workers who are injured or become ill as a direct result of their job. But what does the process look like, from injury to receiving payment?
- Get Help. If you’ve hurt your teeth or mouth while at work, the first priority should always be your safety and well being. Call 911 if necessary, go directly to the emergency room, or seek medical or dental attention.
- Document Everything. As soon as you are able, take pictures of your injury and write down the circumstances surrounding the incident. In order to expedite your worker’s compensation claim, provide this injury report in writing to a supervisor as soon as possible. If you have not filed a written report within 30 days, you may no longer be eligible for coverage.
- File a Claim. You can file a claim on Form Employee Claim (C-3) by mailing the form to the appropriate Board District Office.
- Within Two days, the treating physician or dentist will complete a preliminary report on Form Doctor’s Initial Report (C-4) and mail it to the appropriate Board District Office.
- Within Ten days, your employer will report the injury to the insurance company.
- Within Two Weeks, your insurer will provide you with a written statement of your rights under the law.
- Within 18 days of receiving form C-3, the insurer begins payment of benefits if lost time exceeds seven days.
When seeking treatment after the initial injury, or for follow-up treatment, it’s important to choose a worker’s compensation dentist who is familiar with the process and paperwork necessary. No one wants to become injured or be unable to work, but if you find yourself in this situation, you can know that Modern Dentistry is experienced with all facets of worker’s compensation insurance and can treat your injuries to the highest level of care.
For over 30 years, our accomplished board certified dentists and specialists work together with you to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dentistry. Contact us today!