Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Effective Dental Treatment. Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Why it is Done?
A wisdom tooth also called the third molar, is removed to correct an actual problem or to prevent problems that may come up in the future. The surgery involved in wisdom tooth extraction is minor (usually takes less than an hour and can be done in our office) and the pain relief and potential future problems the removal resolves is priceless.
When wisdom teeth come in, a number of problems can occur:
- Your jaw may not be large enough to accommodate them, and they may become impacted and unable to break through your gums.
- Your wisdom teeth may break partway through your gums, causing a flap of gum tissue to grow over them. Food and germs become trapped under the flap and cause your gums to become red, swollen, and painful. These are signs of infection.
- damage to adjacent teeth and bone may occur.
- development of cyst and tumors around the wisdom teeth.
- Surrounding gum tissue can become easily irritated and painful which can make cleaning difficult and snowball into cavities and periodontal disease.
- One or more of your wisdom teeth may come in at an awkward angle, with the top of the tooth facing forward, backward, or to either side.
Wisdom tooth removal usually is effective in preventing:
- Crowding of the back teeth.
- Shifting of other teeth, causing an irregularity in your bite.
- A wisdom tooth becoming stuck in the jaw (impacted) and never breaking through the gums.
- Red, swollen, and painful gums caused by a flap of skin around a wisdom tooth that has only partially come in.
- Gum disease and tooth decay in the wisdom tooth, which may be harder to clean than other teeth.
- Gum disease and tooth decay in the teeth and jaw in the area of the wisdom tooth.
- Jaw pain, earaches, headaches, and sinus congestion from problematic wisdom teeth.
Before removing your wisdom teeth, we will explain every step of the procedure and answer any questions you have.
To see if you are a candidate for wisdom tooth removal, set up your consultation appointment today.
Complete Dental Care On Your Schedule
We Love To See You Smile
FREE Lifetime Bleaching Program
From Simple Procedures to complex Surgeries
With best facilities and Professional Dentists, you are in safe hands
Reviews From Our Happy Patients
Don’t just take our word for it! Watch the testimonial below from one of our many satisfied customers:
We Have Covered All Dental Treatments