Have a Happy and a Healthy Thanksgiving
From your Friends at Modern Dentistry!
It’s that time once again where we are able to gather with family and friends and give thanks. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Oh no, the dentists is going to tell us how bad Thanksgiving dinner is for my teeth”, but you’ll be happy to know, I’m here to tell you just the opposite! In fact, most of the food you’ll be eating on Turkey Day feature some amazing benefits for your oral health. Here’s 5 fast fun facts about Thanksgiving fixings that boost your oral health, as well as some food for thought:
Thanksgiving Fun Facts:
- Sugary food such as sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie and red wine contain Streptococcus mutans, which can be very harmful to your teeth and can help create plaque.
- Try to drink water and brush your teeth after dessert in order to avoid tooth decay caused by food high in sugar.
- Turkey contains phosphorus, which can encourage tooth development in children.
- Cranberry Sauce with no preservatives or added sugar is extremely beneficial for your teeth, disrupting the harm caused by Streptococcus mutans.
- Turkey stuffing, when mixed with celery and carrots contain a high amount of vitamin A, which is very beneficial for your teeth!
Hope this list helps, and if you need to see a dentist in Brooklyn, give us a call today: (718) 339-6000