There are plenty of Brooklyn dentists for you to choose from, but when it comes to choosing the right one for you, you must make sure that you’ve put in a good amount of time and research before making a decision.
Many people unfortunately settle on a dentist by a quick look in a phone book, an ad in the newspaper or a quick search on the Internet. Some may feel comfortable by going with nothing more than the recommendation of a friend, but there really should be more to it than that to make sure the professional you choose is a good fit for your needs, your budget, your location‒and your teeth!
The Top 5 Tips for Picking the Best Dentist in Brooklyn NY:
5. Remember that the professional who is right for one is not right for all. Everyone’s needs are different, and these needs include factoring in everything from location to price, bedside manner, hours of operation and more. Your friend with an insurance plan that covers 100% of dental work who lives on the East Side may have a dentist that works great for him or her, but not for your other friend with an insurance plan that only covers 30% of charges who lives on the West Side. Remember not every dentist is good for every patient.
4. Call the dental office ahead of time and ask to have a tour of the place. Even before you make your first appointment, you’ll want to go in and get a first-person point of view on the place, the people, the cleanliness, and the overall atmosphere of any office you are considering going to for your care. You can look at photos online as much as you like, but you’ll be able to tell much more from a personal visit.
3. Ask for a free initial consultation. You will be able to not only get a round-about idea of what the services you need will cost you, but you’ll also be able to get a good feel for the Brooklyn dentist’s “bedside manner” and way of relating to you as a patient‒before you commit your mouth to any work done.
2. Consider location. This is one tip that too many people fail to seriously take into account when choosing a dentist. If you work on one side of town, are you really going to want to drive all the way to the other side of town for your visits? Will you be fine doing so after a long day at work or during inclement weather?
1. Trust your instincts. If there is just something about a particular family dentist in New York or office that you do or don’t like, even if you can’t really zero in on what it is, go with your instinct. You certainly don’t want to spend the time and money at a provider that just doesn’t sit well with you for any reason. There are plenty of dental care providers in the area, so take your time searching for the best one for you.