Pediatric Dentistry in Brooklyn, NY
Modern Dentistry is proud to offer dental treatment to patients of all ages, especially children. We are 100% committed to providing your children with a relaxing and enthusiastic dental experience!
If you’re looking for a family dentist in NewYork who truly understands children, look no further than Modern Dentistry! We strive to make your child’s first dental visit fun and exciting. Special prizes and different flavors of toothpaste and fluoride are offered in order to get your kids excited about their oral health!
Fill out the form below to Schedule an Appointment for Your Children:
Is this Your Child’s first visit to the Dentist?
Before your child’s visit, use our helpful tips below to help alleviate any concerns they may have about seeing the dentist. Our staff is dedicated to providing a positive experience for your child that will encourage a life-long enthusiasm for their oral hygiene!
What to expect on your Child’s First dental visit:
- We will gently examine your child’s mouth, teeth and gums.
- Dental x-rays may be taken to reveal decay and check on the progress of your child’s permanent teeth under the gums.
- We will clean your child’s teeth and apply fluoride to help protect the teeth against decay
- We will evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking
- We will make sure your child is receiving adequate topical fluoride to help protect the teeth against decay
- We will make sure your child is receiving adequate fluoride at home
- Most importantly, our Family Dentist in New York will review with you how to clean and care for your child’s teeth
Some First Visit Tips
- Take your child for a “preview” or online tour of the office
- Bring your child in to say “hello” to their dentist or show them our online photos
- Read books with them about going to the dentist
- Review with them what the dentist will be doing at the time of their first visit
- Speak positively about your own dental experiences
Some of you may remember rinsing your teeth with fluoride in elementary school. Fluoride rinses are still important for children. Routine fluoride treatments are useful in the fight against tooth decay by helping teeth build resistance to decay-forming acids. Modern Dentistry offers this standard dental treatment to children.
Good oral hygiene – brushing and flossing daily – and a healthy diet are the best way to prevent plaque build-up in the mouth. But even the most thorough brushing does not always reach the deepest indentations in the back teeth (molars). Dental sealants are tough coatings that fill in these depressions, preventing bacterial formation that causes tooth decay and other damage. In a procedure that takes only a few minutes per tooth, our dentist coats and bonds a plastic sealant to the tooth. The sealants are long-lasting and extremely durable methods of preventing tooth decay and other dental problems.
Ready to learn more? Call today to schedule an appointment for your children: (718)-339-6000